Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Helpful Hints: Overloading Issues

After receiving a call from a WoodMaster 5500 owner about a recurring issue with a failing probe, I reached out for a solution from the factory.  My WoodMaster tech informed me that the most common reason for premature probe failure, leaking door seals, etc. is caused by overloading the furnace.
Although the fire box is large enough to potentially burn for days, owners should resist the urge to fill only once a day. The best practice is to load it for a 12-hour burn.
Why? Overloading can cause overheating. Overheating melts probe wiring and hardens the door gasket. Of course a leaking door seal can cause an uncontrolled burn  In the interest of having trouble free heating, I recommend following the advice as given to me by WoodMaster.
Stay warm this winter. Happy Heating!

No comments:

Post a Comment